- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 320g all-purpose / plain flour
- 140g almond milk
- 100g vegan butter melted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- dark chocolate chips (optional but recommended!)
- 1 tbsp Hojicha powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork and ensure that there are no large pieces.
- Add sugar, almond milk, melted butter and cinnamon into the mashed banana mixture and stir well.
- Slowly add in the flour; we recommend dividing it into 3 parts and stirring it well before adding more.
- Tip in the baking powder and chocolate chips and ensure that the batter is well-mixed.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the batter in.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook for around 60 minutes. To avoid the surface of the bread from browning, you can cover with some aluminium foil.
- To check that the banana bread is thoroughly cooked, pierce it with a fork and ensure that the mixture is dry.
- Let the banana bread cool on the side and mix all the glaze ingredients together.
- Pour the Hojicha glaze over the banana bread and enjoy!
Alex Longson, Co-Founder, discusses the intention behind the project. All videography was taken by Alex Longson.